Sunday, January 3, 2016

2015 Awesome List


I've never made one of these before, but wow.  It's been so much fun to go back through my calendar for the year and realize how many fun activities we got to do, and even more? How much I've changed.  My favorite things on this list are not events I attended, but mindset changes.  I've grown in leaps and bounds this year and I truly feel like 2015 was just a warmup.  This girl is on fire.  2016 is gonna bring some big things and I can't wait!!  If you've never done this, I encourage you to jump in! Go back through your pictures, your calendar, whatever, and celebrate the stuff you forgot you accomplished!!  It feels great.

In 2015 I:

  • attended three different Super Sunday events for Beachbody- left totally energized and got to do live workouts with Autumn Calabrese and Sagi Kalev.
  • Got to dress up as Rosita and attend Walker Stalker con, and get my picture taken with Steven Yeun who plays Glenn
  • Did the one mile fun run of Kacie's Run, and ended up carrying Luke on my back for half of it
  • Got to take Gillian on her first Six Flags trip
  • Went to JackFM's 80s prom!
  • Took Gillian and her friend to see Newsies live
  • Had a medical procedure done that I'd been putting off and that has made life as a girl so much easier
  • Went to Nashville and attended the Beachbody annual Summit conference.  There's really not much that's more motivating than surrounding yourself with SO MANY people who choose to focus on the positives and better themselves.  You can't help but do it too.  It fueled my life in a way I never expected. 
  • I set up monthly wax appointments.  This may not seem like a big deal but I've been so accustomed to putting myself last.  And over 40? The witchy chin hairs need to be stopped.
  • I did a boudoir photo shoot.  The most amazing experience.  For real.
  • I went to a Murder Mystery dinner and got pulled into the drama as one of the players.
  • We had family pictures done for the first time in three years and sent out Christmas cards for the first time in five or six.
  • I took the scouts to do Feed My Starving Children.
  • We hosted an Ugly Sweater Christmas murder mystery party with Gillian's girl scout troop.
  • My grandma turned 90 and I got to spend time with more family than I've seen in one place in years.
  • Got to take the family to Great Wolf Lodge this summer
  • Got to go see cool animals at the Sharkarosa Wildlife Ranch.
That's according to my calendar.  Then I sat down and just thought.  This year also:
  • completed 21 day fix, PiYo, Cize, and month one of Insanity.  Not bad for a girl who lived her life hating exercise and laughing at people who made it a priority
  • worked hard on figuring out what I want.  I never ever took the time to think about it before and would always do whatever anyone else wanted to do.
  • I stepped outside my comfort zone way more often so I could take more growth opportunities
  • made my marriage front and center.  This year has been the absolute best year of us.  We hang out more, we talk more, and I don't get tired of being with him.  It's only getting better all the time and I love it.
  • I DID NOT QUIT.  There were times I stalled and times I hated the discipline and times I rebelled.  But I'm still here.


And also?  This.  This is truth.

Be here a year from now.  You won't freaking believe who I am then.

No comments:

Post a Comment