Monday, December 21, 2015

21 Day Fix: Day One- Hubby Style!

Hubs and I have been talking about doing a workout program together and so far hadn't found one we both liked enough to do start to finish.  He decided to try the 21 Day Fix with me today though, and I'm hoping I can get him to stick with it.  Seriously, the entertainment value is so high that I don't know why I haven't been working out with him before.  Of course, I can't concentrate when I'm laughing, so there's that.  I can't even remember half the funny stuff he yelled at Autumn, but these stood out:

*During the warmup, she tells you to do jumping jacks and says you should jack it out.  I'll just let your mind wander into Beavis and Butthead territory on that one.

*"If I'm gonna work like this for 21 days, it better be worth it.  She takes her top off at the end, right?"

*"TOMEK? That dude's name is Tomek?  Like Legends of the Hidden Temple Tomek? (and for the record I think that's Olmec, but still.  I died laughing.)

*"How many people do you think have actually pooped their pants while doing this?" and then goes on to demonstrate while one girl is doing squats.  "See?  Look at her!  Barely holding it in!"

*"Who's the healthy girl?  Kat? Okay Kat! It's you and me!  We got this!  Wait.  She's beating me at this.  I can't keep up with the modifier girl?"

*"Frog crunches? What is that?  I can't even put my legs like that.  It hurts to just lay here."

*"Dude.  I already hurt.  But you're gonna do this with me tomorrow right?"

And yes.  Yes I am.  All kidding aside, I'm so SO proud of my man.  He's already lost almost 40 pounds by cleaning up his nutrition, and I'm totally stoked that he's starting to work out with me.  He makes me laugh every single day and I think we're closer than we've ever been.  Definitely makes us want to get healthy so we have as much time together as possible.  And it's kinda fun for me that I totally remember what it was like to feel the exact same way, and not be able to keep up with Kat, and now after a year I can do most of it with the regular girls.  He's going to be running circles around me in no time because the man is on fire with focus now.  We'll need even heavier weights soon!

And I was gonna post this picture as a congratulations, but it turns out that it's lies....



Oh well.  It's a goal to shoot for, right? Can't wait for Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment