Tuesday, October 27, 2015

30 Things...

I have a team call later on this evening and our assignment was to make a list of thirty things that have changed for the better in my life because of Beachbody.  Figured I'd put it out here as I think it through- this opportunity has been so much more than just a home DVD program!

1. I'm starting to be a fitness role model for my kids.
2. I'm starting to like the way working out feels.
3. I say what I think more often and don't hide behind a fake smile.
4. Because of CIZE I don't pigeonhole myself with the "I can't dance" anymore.
5. I have lines in my arms!!
6. I drink Shakeology every damn day and it makes me feel healthier.
7. Once I made it a non-negotiable in our budget, we've paid for two bags every month.
8. My boys drink it too.
9. I read non-fiction now because I want to better myself.
10. My house is becoming decluttered because of KonMari and finding PD that rocks.
11. My success partner Kristy.  She gets me.
12. I'm learning to give myself grace on bad food days.
13. I don't have as many bad food days!
14. Even when I plateau, I've learned enough about myself and my body that I'm not putting the weight back on.
15. I've lost almost 30 pounds, and it looks like more because I'm getting some muscle tone for the first time in my life.
16. I've quit putting sugar in my coffee.
17. I'm learning to think in a really positive way every day.
18. I'm beginning to think that I can do more than I ever thought I could.
19. Less diet coke, more water.
20. I can carry heavy things like a BOSS.
21. I have so much more energy than I used to.
22. I feel less trapped in my everyday life, and grateful for the changes that I see now I can make.
23. My relationship with my husband is the best it's ever been in twenty years, because I can finally tell him what I want and what I don't.
24. He's starting to work out some too.
25. In fact, he's talking about taking an AIRPLANE RIDE TO A BEACH LOCATION for our 20th anniversary next summer.  Both those things have been absolute negatives for him.  I've gotten him on a plane twice, and seen him swim four times.  Since 1994.
26. My daughter and I have a goal of applying for the Amazing Race on her 18th birthday and we both want to get super fit to do that!
27. I feel completely content in building this business slowly- working on myself has been so great that I'm okay with not leaping out right now.
28. I really love connecting with the girls in my challenge groups and even though they're still small numbers-wise, the relationships we're building have been incredibly meaningful and motivating to me.
29. I'm realizing that I am worth it.  I'm worth the money the initial program cost.  I'm worth the monthly Shakeo even on months that I don't earn enough income to cover it.  I'm worth the cost of the new clothes I now need.  I'm worth the PD books.  It's okay to spend money on myself and not feel like I have to pour everything into my family until there's no space left to be me.
30.  I am Kelli.  I'm finally beginning to figure out who I am, and that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment